Kendrick Lamar, also known as Kendrick Lamar Duckworth, was born in Compton, California, on June 17, 1987. He started rapping in elementary school after being inspired by his heroes, Dr Dre and Tupac Shakur.
Three years before Lamar was born, his parents migrated from the south side of Chicago to Compton because his father had been deeply involved in gang activity, and his mother had given them a deadline to flee together.
In honour of Eddie Kendricks of The Temptations, Kendrick’s mother gave him Kendrick as a first name. He has talked about happy childhood recollections despite his surroundings and the family’s financial hardships. He was a straight-A student at Centennial High School in Compton, where he produced award-winning essays and received high test scores.
- How Tall Is Gwen Stefani? How Long Have They Been Dating?
- How Tall Is Rhett McLaughlin? How Much Money Does He Make From YouTube?
When Did kanny Duckworth Start His Career?
While still in high school, Lamar released his first mixtape (Youngest Head Nigga in Charge) at 16, which immediately caught the interest of nearby record labels. Early in the new millennium, he signed with Top Dawg Entertainment, and soon after that, he put out another mixtape. More fame came in 2008 and 2009 when he co-signed with Lil Wayne and appeared in the music video for Jay Rock’s “All My Life (in the Ghetto).”
He started referring to himself as Kendrick Lamar after signing with Lil Wayne instead of his stage moniker, K. Dot. Then he issued a second mixtape and reissued an earlier one under his actual name. He conducted a protracted tour, put out a well-liked mixtape, and published an independent album between 2010 and 2011. “Good Kid, the m.A.A.d City,” his debut studio album, was released on October 22, 2012, via Interscope Records and Aftermath Entertainment.
Over 1.1 million copies of that album were sold in the US alone. On his first outing on Saturday Night Live, Lamar performed the album’s lead hits “Swimming Pools (Drank)” and “Poetic Justice.” In a digital short that served as the basis for the song “YOLO,” he also appeared alongside Adam Levine and The Lonely Island. Kendrick has contributed to songs other than studio albums, including those by Big Sean, Robin Thicke, Drake, 2 Chainz, Birdman, and J. Cole. Good Kid, m.A.A.d city, Lamar’s second studio album, was released in 2012 and peaked at #1 on the US R&B/Hip-Hop chart and #2 on the Billboard 200 chart.
How Many Awards Did Kenny Duckworth Win His Career?
- In 2012 and 2013, Kendrick Lamar got the B.E.T. Hip Hop Award for ‘Lyricist of the Year.’
- In 2013, he earned the Vanguard Award at the ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards and the B.E.T. Award for “Best New Artist” and “Best Male Hip-Hop Artist” in two categories.
- He also won Album of the Year at the Soul Train Music Awards in 2013 for Good Kid, m. A.A.D. City.
- He was named ‘Best Male Hip-Hop Artist at the B.E.T. Awards in 2014 and 2015. In 2014, he received multiple B.E.T. Hip Hop Awards, including Album of the Year and Lyricist.
- For his song “I,” he received Grammy Awards for “Best Rap Song” and “Best Rap Performance” in 2015.
- For “Alright,” he won the Grammy Awards for “Best Rap Performance” and “Best Rap Song” in 2016. For ‘These Walls,’ he was also nominated for a Grammy Award for ‘Best Rap/Sung Collaboration (with Bilal, Anna Wise and Thundercat).
- He won the Grammy Award for ‘Best Music Video’ for ‘Bad Blood’ in 2015. (with Taylor Swift). In 2016, his album ‘To Pimp a Butterfly’ won the Grammy Award for ‘Album of the Year.’
- In 2017, he was nominated for Grammy Awards in several categories.
How Did They Become Famous?
Kendrick Lamar Duckworth, who was given the name Eddie Kendricks by the Temptations, was born in Compton, California, on June 17, 1987. When he was eight years old, Tupac Shakur and Dr Dre, whom he saw recording the music for the song California Love, inspired him. Throughout his career, Lamar would work with nearly every rapper from the west coast.
In 2011, Kendrick’s career started to take off as he appeared on some Grammy-winning albums, including Drake’s Take Care. Kendrick also released his debut album, Section.80, which has since been certified gold. As he ascended the charts, the rapper gained momentum, releasing his debut album Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City at number two in 2012.
In 2015, 2016, and 2018, he received the Grammy Award for a best rap song. Kendrick has received 14 Grammy Awards, 11 MTV Video Music Awards, 6 Billboard Music Awards, 2 American Music Awards, a Pulitzer Prize, and a Brit award. In recognition of his contribution to the Black Panther soundtrack, Kendrick was nominated for an Oscar. Mr Morales And The Big Stepper, his fifth studio album, debuted at the top of several charts, including the Billboard 200.
What Is Kenny Duckworth’s Net Worth?
The Heart Part 5 https://t.co/DlnQO2g5nw
— Kendrick Lamar (@kendricklamar) May 9, 2022
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Lamar has an estimated net worth of $75 million. He reportedly earned $60 million in 2018 alone, ranking among the highest-paid celebrities of the year.
Kendrick’s expected earnings as the headlining act at Glastonbury 2022 range from £200,000 ($246,000) to £500,000 ($615,000), reportedly low compared to other festivals. With numerous downloads, streaming, and sales, four of his albums have debuted at the top of the charts. His albums Good Kid, M.A.A.D City, and Damn have all achieved triple platinum status.